Quality and Compliance Manager
Our client, a leading decorative lighting importer and distributor is looking to strengthen their team with a Quality and Compliance Manager as they continue to grow. They are seeking a driven and enthusiastic individual who can take ownership of this role with an opportunity to progress and develop. In this exciting position you will ensure relevant compliance standards are adhered to at all stages. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking for a new challenge.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full product involvement from development through to after sales care
- Responsible for ensuring that products are compliant and certified to all relevant UK legislation and directives.
- Create specification and material requirements for new products with the development Department.
- Review product packaging and shipping requirements to ensure minimal damages in transit.
- Create instruction leaflets and check packaging contains complete and accurate information
- Assist product launch timeline ensuring key deliverables above are completed on time
- Handle customer enquiries relating to product specifications and manage the warehouse QC team.
- Communicate day to day with overseas suppliers via email and phone.
- Factory visits in Far East as required approx. twice a year.
- Manage factory ethical and technical audits using External Audit company
- Strong collaborative skills and a confident, capable communicator
- Work well under pressure with strong planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Possesses a keen eye for detail, working to the highest standards
- Previous experience within the retail compliance sector, preferably lighting, electrical or furniture
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of UK standards and legislations
Based in Market Overton, Rutland it is essential you have your own transport.